Saturday, November 15, 2008

Moving out of Fairfax...Way over due.

Considering this is my first real move...I didn't really know what to expect. And I didn't think I would be running around taking care of logistics for months on end. Closing out things in DC was only half the battle! So here are pictures of my house in Fairfax...this is probably the best condition this house has been in years! And all of the changes I made to it in my 3 years there.

Yeah it's just pictures of a house, but it was my first house. It took a lot of help from family and friends to get it looking like it did on the day I moved out...so it brings back a lot of memories for me.

The garden bed in the front of the house was really really small...but my mom and I spent quality time each Spring/Fall planting pretty flowers in it. <3>


The back door was a wreck. It had really bad water damage and I had to have the entire back door re-built. :P Thanks to my Mamoojans (uncle in Urdu) awesome contractors...



Then there was the freezing pipe episode. Yes, as a new home owner I forgot to turn the outside water off before freezing temperatures...so I came home to water gushing out from under the garage door one day :( And then to top it all off...I shut the main water supply off and had a pipe burst upstairs because of the pressure that had built up in the plumbing. :-/ Barry and Nerms helped me out of this one. Barry fixed the leak upstairs, and Nerms helped me re-floor my closet floor.




Oh then there was the cloud ceiling! All of my roommates will remember that one well! It's finally gone to bad it didn't happen any sooner! Jazzy Jazz this pic was posted for you!



I had a lot of walls that needed dry wall repairs. So my friend Adam was always at the rescue! Look how good it looks after being painted Adam!



This is the entry level of the house. The only floor I was able to renovate entirely and enjoy while I lived there! I had so many people help me with tiling, flooring, and painting to make it all turn out as good as it looks. This pic isn't the greatest, but you can see a little of everything. Credits to Harry and Dave for the tiling, Barry for the wood stuff, and my family for painting with me. Love you all.



Downstairs bathroom was tiled/painted too.



And the laundry room.


So the Kitchen looks mostly the same. Minus the fresh paint. Ugly back splash lives on...



This is the main level of the house...(living and dining rooms). This was painted a sand color with white ceilings and trim.






So this is a thank you to everyone who helped me make this house a home. I know I haven't mentioned everyone...but from the smallest repairs (door locks, toilet seats, move in cleaning, etc.) to the really big things I always had a helping hand...which I will miss when I move into my new house!

No comments: